DIY | Straw Himmeli Ornaments

/

Yay, the time has official come here at myLifebox!! Holiday projects from now on guys. How amazing is that?? If only Christmas lasted all year long... Right? :) Anyway, this DIY project is one of my favorites and finally I decided to share it with you. I stumbled upon a tutorial two years ago and I do it every year ever since. Unfortunately, the blog I found it doesn't exist anymore.  Anyway, last year I made a whole bunch of himmeli ornaments to sell at a Christmas bazaar here in Crete, but this year I thought it would be better to just share the instructions with you. If you are crafty you will find this one a piece of cake. But don't be afraid, not-so-crafty people, it is easy anyway!!
As you can see, I spray painted one of my himmelis gold. I think now is a good time to let you know that you will be seeing a lot of spray-painted projects around here for a while. It is just Christmas guys. It makes me wanna live in a gold shinny world, so I just paint everything gold :) Don't worry, you can paint yours whatever color you want.
One of the best parts of this project is that you don't need many materials to do it. I believe that every home has straws, right? So, for every himmeli you will need twelve straws and some twine. To see how much twine you'll need: if the straws are about 10cm each, you will need 10cm x 12straws + a little bit more, twine. Easy? So, if you are interested in knowing how to make your own himmeli ornaments...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram